Amblers FS998C Composite Safety Boots With Composite Toe Caps & Midsole
Model: FS998C Amblers
Description of the FS998C Composite Toe Cap Safety Boots
FS998 is a fully waterproof composite safety boot with midsole and toe cap protection. Comfortably padded leather upper with Thinsulate lining and temperature resistant outsole. Full lace front for secure fitting and side zip for quick access. Reduces foot fatigue through the shock absorbing heel and comfortable Rubber/Phylon sole. Grooves on the outsole channel away fluids giving superb slip resistance. A scuff cap at the front, and rear overlay, reinforces this hardwearing and versatile boot.
Safety Rating S3-HRO
Slip Rating SRC
Features With the Amblers FS999C Composite Safety Boot
- ISO20345 tested Conforms to ISO20345 Safety Footwear Standard.
- S3-W/P Toe protection tested to 200 joules impact. Heel energy absorption 20 joules. Antistatic. Water resistant upper. Penetration Resistant Sole. Waterproof.
- HRO Heat Resistant Outsole. Resistance to high heat 300ºc
- Rubber/Phylon sole Rubber and Phylon combining to ensure a hardwearing comfortable light sole.
- SRC Slip Resistance Tested on ceramic tile contamination with a dilute soap solution. Tested on smooth steel contamination with glycerol.
- Thinsulate Lined Keeps feet warm in cold temperatures.
- Composite Toe and Midsole Lightweight non-metallic alternative to steel.
- Bump Cap Added protection to the toe.
- Side Zip and Pull on Loop Allows wearer to put on and remove footwear with speed and ease.
- Water Resistant
- Toe Protection
- Resistance to high heat
- Heel energy absorption
- Composite cap
- Composite midsole
- Slip resistant
- Thinsulate Lined
- Side Zip
- Rubber/Phylon Sole
- Heat Resistant Outsole
"Waterproof" the test for a product to be rated as waterproof was 500 steps in 1cm of water it has now been increased to 1000 steps in 3cm of water, no material can ever be 100% waterproof it will always have some Ingres, if you are working in very wet conditions GORE-TEX lined products will give a better level of protection as they set the standard at 250,000 steps in 5cm of water, or a wellington. Wellingtons are only waterproof to a point if you are using a pressure washer this is at a much higher pressure than rain and very few wellingtons can withstand this.